The lucky number release: Ulysses now lets you set daily writing goals and deadlines, features revamped code blocks with syntax highlighting, and adds color to keywords.
Improved Code Blocks
Code blocks can now span as many paragraphs as needed, and they’re always set in a monospace font in the editor and during export. What’s more, they import from and export to GitHub-style fenced code blocks, and can be used in external folders as well.
The new code blocks can recognize over 40 different programming languages and color their syntax, both in the editor and during export. The color palette is available in two versions for light and dark editor themes.
Writing goals can now have deadlines. What’s more, a goal with deadline will calculate the amount of text that needs to be written every day to finish in time.
It is now possible to set a daily writing goal to a Ulysses group. The goal is reset every morning.
Goal Writing History
For group goals there is a dedicated history view available, delivering a visualization of the writing performance in the last days, plus selected statistics (Today, Daily Average, Daily Best, This Week). The statistics for all days ever recorded can be export as a CSV file.
Keywords can now have a color that is applied to all occurrences of the keyword throughout the library.
Full-colored Image Previews
It is now possible to display image previews in full color in the editor.
V13RELEASED May 28, 2018
- The status bar is now hidden by default when editing on larger iPhones
- Fixed crash when editing export styles
- Fixed crash when replacing text in editor
- Fixed rare case of missing goal in editor
- Code blocks in ePub exports are now wrapped properly
- Improved standards conformance of ePub exports
- Ordered lists now use correct start index when exporting to HTML and ePub
- The ⌥⌘C/V shortcuts now always copy/paste as Markdown